Are you experiencing a battery drain Issue on Honor V40 Lite? You’re not alone. This is a common problem that many smartphone users face. Every time you use your phone, whether for making a call, checking your email, or browsing the web, the battery is drained a little bit. Over time, this can add up and cause your phone’s battery to drain more quickly than it should.
There are several ways you can try to fix this but before getting into the solutions, you first need to understand the reasons for the battery drain issue. There can be a number of reasons behind this. So let’s have a look at the top reasons for the Honor V40 Lite battery drain problem. For more details read the article below.
Why is my Honor V40 Lite Battery Draining So Fast?
There could be a lot of reasons why your Honor V40 Lite battery is draining so fast.
- One possibility is that you are not using your phone correctly. For example, if you are playing games or streaming videos for an extended period, that will drain the battery quickly.
- In addition, features like location tracking and Wi-Fi scanning can also consume a lot of power.
- If you have many apps running in the background, that can also affect how long your phone battery lasts.
- Mobile features like Bluetooth and NFC drain a lot of battery if they’re kept running in the background for a longer time.
- Another factor that may affect your battery is your screen brightness. If you’ve kept your phone brightness to its highest level for a longer time, then the possibility of battery drain in your phone increases.
- Another reason might be that you are not charging it correctly. Many times, if you don’t use the original charger provided by the company, it impacts your phone’s battery and hence decreases your phone’s battery life.
- If you have a habit of using your phone while charging, then it can also be one of the reasons for your Honor V40 Lite battery getting drained fast.
- Unused apps and less storage space also lead to battery drain. When your phone or tablet is running low on storage, it has to work harder. This can cause several problems, including increased battery drain.
- One reason is that when your device doesn’t have enough room to store files, it has to use more energy to track what’s been used and what’s still available. This extra work can quickly add up and drain your battery.
Ways to Fix Honor V40 Lite Battery Drain Issue
So, what can you do to make your phone last longer? While many factors can contribute to this issue, there are a few things you can do to help improve your phone’s battery life. Let’s have a look!
Check Battery Usage of Phone Apps
Let’s begin by finding out how your battery power is consumed. Android-powered devices have a “Battery Usage” setting to show you the battery utilization statistics since your last battery charge.
To do so, go to Settings > About device> Battery/ Battery use. Here, you will see which apps are using the most battery and how much time they’ve been used for. If there are any apps you don’t often use, you can uninstall them by going to Settings > Apps > Select app > Uninstall.
Switch Off the Auto-Brightness
Another factor that might affect your phone’s battery life is the auto-brightness setting. This handy feature is supposed to adjust your screen’s brightness depending on your surroundings, but all too often, it ends up draining your battery instead. Luckily, there’s an easy fix.
To manually adjust your phone’s brightness, open up the settings menu and select “Display.” Next, scroll down to “Brightness” and toggle the switch to the “OFF” position. Your phone will now use the default setting, usually somewhere in the middle. You can then adjust it up or down as needed.
Remember that turning off auto-brightness may not be ideal in every situation.
Use Original Charger
When you try and use a non-original charger with your device, it can cause the battery to drain faster because it’s not compatible with your phone. So instead, try using the original charger to see if that fixes the problem.
This will help to ensure that your device is getting the correct amount of power and help to fix any battery drainage issues.
Lower Screen Timeout
Timeout settings determine how long the screen will stay on before the device goes to sleep. This can help conserve battery life, or if you want to avoid accidental touches on the screen. Unfortunately, having a high screen timeout also drains your phone’s battery.
Lowering your screen timeout setting is an easy way to fix this problem and conserve battery life. To set the lower screen timeout, go to Setting > Display > Screen Timeout.
The default timeout setting is usually two minutes, but you can lower it to 30 or even 15 seconds to save power.
Disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS When You Are Not Using Them
One of the main issues with the phone is how quickly it drains its battery. This is especially apparent when using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS features. While these features are advantageous and helpful, they also come with a downside: they can quickly drain your battery.
That’s why it’s essential to be aware of how much you’re using these features and conserve as much battery as possible. If you’re having problems with your Honor V40 Lite battery draining quickly, disabling Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS may help. To disable these features, go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > More Networks > Mobile Networks. Then uncheck the boxes next to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS.
Check For Operating System Update
Your phone’s operating system is like the brain of your device. It controls everything from how your apps function to how your battery drains.
An outdated OS can be a significant contributor to battery drain issues. Updates can fix various bugs and glitches that can affect how your phone runs, including how it handles power. So, if you’re experiencing quick battery drain, make sure to check for any pending OS updates and install them as soon as possible.
Many newer phones will notify you when updates are available, but you can also check manually by going into Settings > System Updates > Check for Updates. If updates are available, simply follow the on-screen instructions to download and install them.
Try Limiting unimportant Apps Notifications
Unnecessary apps notification also leads to battery drain issues. This problem is caused by apps constantly running in the background, even when they’re not being used. One way to fix this issue is to limit the number of notifications these apps can send.
You can do this by going to Settings -> Apps and selecting the app you want to change. For example, you should tap on Notifications and change the setting to “Block all notifications.” You can also choose only to allow important notifications from that app. This will help keep your phone from constantly running in the background, which will, in turn, help improve your battery life.
Additional Tips to Fix Honor V40 Lite Battery Drain Issue
- Lower Background Activity– Unnecessary apps running in the background can drain a lot of battery, so closing the app you don’t need is the first step to save battery.
- Turn Mobile Data– Using the internet also consumes much of your phone battery. To have longer battery life turn off the data when you don’t require it.
- Dim your screen– Dim your screen so that your phone uses less power.
- Switch to battery saving mode– This mode is specifically designed to save power and have longer battery life. In addition, switching to this mode will lead your phone to limit all the background activities and turn off the mobile data.
In conclusion, the Honor V40 Lite battery drain issue can be fixed by following the steps above. After that, your phone will have longer battery life, and you can continue using it like normal. However, if the issue persists, it is advised to take the device to a service center.